Indonesian International Education Foundation – IIEF is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia – TEMAN LPDP project.
IIEF is a respective Indonesian institution with a long-standing experience in designing and implementing various global and national programs in education and capacity building, including significant experience in serving as the USAID contractor for some notable projects. IIEF is committed to promoting the development of the Indonesian people and institutions by expanding access to opportunity, and it offers expertise in scholarship and fellowship management, educational services, institutional capacity building, and testing and certification. For more information about IIEF, please visit www.iief.or.id .
Project and Position Description
The USAID Technical and Management Support to Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan (USAID TEMAN LPDP) Activity is a five-year project that aims to enhance the effectiveness of LPDP and strengthen its capacity to manage scholarships, build university networks, and undertake sustainable system-level reforms of policies and practices. The goal of this project is to increase the number of Indonesian students receiving LPDP scholarships to U.S. graduate programs.
The Chief of Party must be based in Jakarta, and will be responsible for chief administrative oversight for the whole project activities. The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project management and impacts, external representation and coordination with USAID, project partners and stakeholders and other project implementers.
- Lead and oversee the development of strategic planning, work planning, program monitoring, and management and control systems, to ensure informed decision-making and timely implementation of program activities;
- Serve as the principal liaison and representative to USAID/Indonesia on behalf of the project;
- Provide high-level oversight for project administrative functions including financial management, human resources and procurement while ensuring compliance with IIEF policies and principles, USAID rules and regulations, as well as applicable regulations of Government of Indonesia;
- Provide direct oversight over the USAID TEMAN LPDP project team members: assign tasks, manage workloads, conduct performance assessments, and foster a positive and productive work environment for team members;
- Monitor project performance through indicators and evaluate project effectiveness and results;Ensure effective communications and reporting, both internally and externally to keep all related parties and project team informed on the issues and work progress ;
- Prepare annual work plans, and progress reports and monitor the implementation of these plans;
- Provide contributions to and have overall responsibility for weekly, quarterly, and annual project reports;
- Represent the project at various technical meetings, with other cooperating agencies, senior government officials and donor agencies;
- Lead any budget related decision making processes, and guide and oversee the alignment of budget to program result areas;
- Lead the efforts to approach related stakeholders and potential partners, including the private sector organizations, to coordinate any potential synergy initiatives that may be beneficial to the project;
- Serve as IIEF’s senior team member and continuously cultivate conducive and productive work environment with IIEF leadership and other team members.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of professional experience related to the successful implementation of large and complex activities of scholarship management and institutional capacity building;
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in a supervisory role with complex donor-funded programs, preferably with USAID;
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in a similarly related field of study, e.g. social sciences, business administration, governance, education, etc.;
- Proven significant international experience leading capacity development programs that involved the collaborative design, implementation and subsequent expansion and replication of project activities is preferred;
- Proven leadership and effectiveness in the administration of similar size of international donor technical assistance projects, including demonstrated skills and success in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting;
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract;
- Evidence of experience in working in higher education reform in developing countries;
- Must be proficient in English.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “Chief of Party” in the subject line. Deadline: 26 April 2021.
This position is contingent upon contract award, and open to Indonesian nationals and foreign country nationals residing in Jakarta. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.